We are looking for a versatile, high energy technical marketing engineer who can effectively communicate value of cloud infrastructure to the large infrastructure buyers.
Datera is working with the thought-leading customers building dynamic private clouds, and this is an opportunity to transform the data center with unorthodox technologies. Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) shall be a key member of the product management and technical marketing team and will be the technical expert on Datera’s products, cloud eco-system and competitive positioning. The TME will be the technical expert across not only Datera’s products but also data center networking, cloud orchestration, storage and container technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Define, develop and communicate the Datera value proposition.
- Play a critical role in helping guide with product definition and eco-system integration.
- Support pre-sales activity and provide technical guidance for the sales teams.
- Develop strong client relationships and become a trusted source to the customer.
- Develop compelling solution reference architectures, white papers and best practice guides with various cloud orchestrators, and applications such as NoSQL, clustered databases, etc.
- Develop field and customer facing technical product collateral including demo guides, product evaluation criteria, VODs, competitive analysis and FAQs
- Proactive knowledge transfer and technical training to sales, technology partners and channel partners on messaging and differentiation
- Thought leadership and external evangelization at executive briefings, webinars and industry events
Who we are looking for:
- Energy, passion and motivation to helping our customers and guiding sales teams
- BSEE or BSCS with 7+ years in solution architecture, technical marketing, customer support, or equivalent role.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of cloud, storage and networking technologies.
- Strong knowledge of python, golang or other scripting skills.
- Ability to develop solution reference architectures, and exposure to applications such as NoSQL, clustered databases, etc.
- Ability to develop integrations with cloud operations and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Mesosphere and Docker Swarm.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience in developing and presenting competitive product analysis for technical sales.
- Prior product or integration experience in cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Prior product evangelization role is a strong plus.