Join our development team to design and develop Linux kernel code in C. You will work with key Linux kernel subsystem authors on expanding our high-performance hybrid distributed storage layer. This layer blends traditional with novel network design, and you will have the opportunity to take intellectual ownership of a key part of its design and implementation.
- Participate in defining the architecture, design, and develop components of our Linux kernel data plane.
- Identify high-level requirements and write detailed functional specs to meet those requirements.
- Design and implement high-performance robust Linux kernel code.
- This is a primarily hands on development position: about 70% of the time will be spent writing code with the rest being spent in design and other cross-functional activities.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with one or several of the following: design and implementation of operating systems, Linux kernel programming, storage concepts and programming, next-generation network concepts and programming, performance analysis and optimization
- Advanced C programming skills
- Mastery of standard data structures and algorithms
- Drive to deliver high quality products on time
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technologies
- Effective communication skills and the ability to influence and thrive in teams
- Enthusiastic, positive personality, with a good sense of humor
- B.S. in C.S. or related field, M.S. preferred